Frequently Asked Questions
- How does Rural America OnShore operate? How is it different than Offshoring?
- How does OnShoring save my Company time and money?
- Where is the work performed?
- Who performs the work?
- Why should I use Rural America rather than send my work to USA urban consultants or one in my local metropolitan area?
- Why should I use Rural America instead of an offshore overseas company?
- I'm concerned about the level of expertise in rural areas...
- How do you attract and retain qualified talented professionals?
- My business is not in a large metro area. Can Rural America reduce my costs?
- What types of work can be outsourced?
- How long does it take to realize gains from rural onshoring outsourcing?
How does Rural America OnShore operate? How is it different than Offshoring?
Rural America OnShore Outsourcing enables companies to outsource the work they don't want to do in-house without having to send it offshore to countries such as India or Chile.
Rural America OnShore Outsourcing employs talented people who work and live in rural areas; most even work out of their homes. Because they are in rural areas, they don't command the salaries of urban-based workers. In fact, at rates starting at $40 an hour for Business Process and for Information Technology, businesses can save from 25% to 40% over the total cost of what they would otherwise spend in urban areas and within 20% of the costs of outsourcing the work to India, China, or South America.
How does OnShoring save my Company time and money?
OnShoring controls your costs in numerous ways:
- Labor arbitrage: We hire our USA rural skilled professionals at up to 40% less than the cost of USA urban labor and pass this cost savings on to our customers.
- Reduced management costs: We utilize experienced managers to ensure that your projects are completed as quickly as possible, maintaining both efficiency and a high quality of work. As a result, your executives are free to focus on running your business.
- Same time zones: There is no need to allocate additional personnel resources to coordinate workers operating in a 10-12 hour difference. We have talent available from EST to MST.
Where is the work performed?
Project work is conducted nationwide depending on the location of the project managers and the skilled professionals doing the work. This borderless approach allows us to match the best-suited person to the work you need done. You only see a seamless team, thanks to our proprietary project management tools and procedures.
Should you require the presence of our skilled professionals at your facility via a staff augmentation agreement, we can supply you with onsite experienced talent who can complete short and long-term assignments under your management direction.
Who performs the work?
Our rural-based professionals range from entry-level to experienced executives with more than 30 years in their field of expertise. Rural America can choose from hundreds of highly qualified technical, marketing, graphics, and other industry associates to complete the work you need.
These people have made a lifestyle choice to live in small Tier 3 communities and rural areas. Some may have moved back, after a few short years or even after decades, away. Others might never have left. Still others may have uprooted families in order to settle in small-town America. What they all have in common is their motivation to live and work in rural America.
Why should I use Rural America rather than send my work to USA urban consultants or one in my local metropolitan area?
We hire our USA rural skilled professionals at up to 40% less cost than of USA urban labor and pass this cost savings on to our customers. By locating in smaller Tier 3 American cities - all great places to live - Rural America can attract and retain skilled technical staff at lower costs. It is extremely difficult for urban firms to deliver the same outstanding level of talent at comparable prices.
Why should I use Rural America instead of an offshore overseas company?
- More convenient hours: Time zone differences are minimal or nonexistent, allowing for daytime communication.
- No communication barriers: Language and cultural differences are not an issue.
- IP Security: Your company and its interests are fully protected by U.S. federal and state laws.
- Faster response times: Our staff can appear onsite in hours.
- Stronger economy: Keeping your outsourcing work in the U.S. creates and preserves jobs for a stronger economy.
I'm concerned about the level of expertise in rural areas...
One of the great myths of rural Onshoring is that all the qualified USA talent lives in urban areas. This is not so. We hire talented professionals with backgrounds ranging from a 2 year degree from a technical college to over 30 years of expertise in the business field. A large percentage of our applicants are Microsoft certified and hold a Masters' degree.
How do you attract and retain qualified talented professionals?
Every month, we receive 100's of resumes in multiple disciplines, e.g., marketing, IT, sales, senior management and more. We hire the brightest and most talented, provide on-the-job training to keep their skills polished, and help them achieve their career goals. Rural America is currently recruiting in 13 states, expanding to 27 states by the end of 2010 and to all 50 states by the end of 2011.
We pay rural market rate for rural-based professionals. These professionals are not naïve; they know they can go to urban areas and may make twice as much; but they also know that their cost of living is low.
We offer an environment where all Associates are given the opportunity to communicate with various levels of the Company and be heard. They can work directly with the customers on projects and have their input incorporated. This kind of freedom adds to a level of satisfaction that should not be undervalued.
All Associates are owners of Rural America. Each Associate receives on their first day $500 of stock options which vests over a period of time. Annual bonuses are paid in a combination of cash and/or equity. As shareholders, these Associates are involved in the direction of the Company.
My business is not in a large metro area. Can Rural America reduce my costs?
Yes we can. We bring "Big City" resources to you at "Small Town" prices. It really doesn't matter where you are located; our prices are the same. Our Mission is to bring quality professionals to businesses at a reasonable cost.
What types of work can be outsourced?
Virtually anything can be outsourced. USA businesses for decades have been outsourcing a wide range of non-core functional work. Once a business decides what its core work activities are, outsourcing the rest is a straightforward process of determining which outsourcing company and location has the desired mix of experienced labor, culture, resources, and communication structure in place required to complete projects on time and within budget.
Our areas of expertise include:
Information Technology Outsourcing
- Application development & Integration
- Mobile Application Development
- Website & Web Application Development
- Business Analysis
- Legacy Application Support
Knowledge Process Outsourcing
- Lean Six Sigma Design and Management
Business Process Outsourcing
- Interactive Marketing Campaigns
- Social Media Creation & Monitoring
- Business Reputation Internet Watch™
- Webinar Services
Creative Design Outsourcing™
- Web/Print & Graphic Design
- User Interface Design
- Flash Video & Development
- Staff Augmentation
How long does it take to realize gains from rural onshoring outsourcing?
Savings are realized immediately, due to the combined factors of efficient project management, quality services, and low competitive rates.